Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Aluzarra for Target launches this Sunday, September 14, and with it will come swarms of ladies hungry for velour suiting, slitted python printed pencil skirts, and classic button downs. The collection is more refined, elegant and ladylike than other collections—like the previous Peter Pilotto collab with its wild, colorful prints. It isn't very "Miami," which could lead to less of an AM swarm. Then again, this is Target. When they seek out a high-end designer to create a collection where nothing is over $100, we all come running.
A few things to know about Joseph Altuzarra: he launched his first collection six years ago, won a CFDA prize in 2011, has a much coveted spot in Forbes' 30 under 30 list and has designed costumes for such prestigious institutions as the New York City Ballet. His Target collection is true to the aesthetic of his namesake label: sophisticated, elegant, refined.
So where in Miami where can you find his 48-piece collection? Almost every Target in the city carries at least a few of the pieces, but there's a great chance it won't carry all of it. Your best bet would be to check out Target in Hialeah because more centralized city locations, like Midtown and Dadeland, will probably carry a greater variety, however they'll definitely be more crowded. We've arranged them in order of north to south and east to west. Have any tips on how to shop it? Help your sisters out in the comments section below.
· MIRAMAR: 16901 Miramar Pkwy, Miramar, FL; (954) 435-2571
· MIAMI LAKES: 5601 NW 183rd St, Miami Gardens, FL; (305) 760-7008
· HIALEAH: 1750 W 37th St, Hialeah, FL; (305) 507-0014
· AVENTURA: 21265 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura, FL; (305) 933-4616
· NORTH MIAMI: 14075 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami Beach, FL; (305) 944-5341
· MIDTOWN: 3401 N Miami Ave, Miami, FL; (786) 437-0164
· BIRD ROAD: 7795 SW 40th St, Miami, FL; (305) 262-5767
· KENDALL: 15005 SW 88th St Miami, FL; (305) 386-1244
· DADELAND: 8350 S Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL; (305) 668-0262
· DADELAND SOUTH: 7800 SW 104th St, Miami, FL; (305) 702-2131
· Altuzarra for Target [Official Site]
· Everything Target Designed for Altuzarra is Under $100 [Racked Miami]