Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo Via Jonathan Connolly Photography
- What better symbol to represent everlasting love than Dade-County's oldest standing structure? Built in 1825, the lighthouse at Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park (otherwise known as "el farito")
- You don't have to go all the way to Santorini to look like you took engagement photos there, nor do you have to jet up to North Carolina to take pictures in a barn. Little River Studios is a production destinat
- With the right photographer, an engagement shoot at Opa-locka Executive Airport can give Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart a run for their money in the final scene of Casablanca. [Photo:
- There's something inherently romantic about train stations of the past. The tearing thought of a lover leaving? The hopeful wish for their return? It tugs at your soul, as will the lovely, vintage scenes you could set up with only a few suitcases as props
- "But everyone takes there engagement photos in Vizcaya," you might contest, and with valid reason too, but there are so many jaw-dropping corners within the estate's gardensthat it's possible to pose for an
- Olympia Theater's history dates back to 1926 and provides an Oscar-worthy backdrop for engagement photos that are rich, bold and, above all else, dramatic. [Photo: The Olympia Theater]
- Stiltsville isn't Miami folklore; it's real. Located off the shores of Biscayne Bay, the seven remaining houses of Stiltsville (there were once 27 of them) stand in the middle of the oce
- With hundreds of murals lined up, Wynwood is not only a great place for artsy editorial shoots; the entire neighborhood sets up the perfect backdrop for an engagement shoot, especially if you tap into Wynwood's untouched corners. [Photo:
- An engagement shoot at Villa Woodbine packs in the ultimate dose of glamour in a tropical setting. Have your photographer snap candids as you wander upon the foliage, and stage the ultimate Romeo and Juliet pose on
- Fairchild Tropical Garden is a lush oasis of tropical flowers and foliage, so virtually any spot is perfect if you want your photos to have a rich, natural, untouched background. [Photo:
When you think of taking engagement photos in Miami, your brain automatically races towards one thought: the beach. And while South Florida's coastline boasts some of the most beautiful scenes in the country, there are even more beautiful backdrops scattered throughout our city. All you have to do is open your eyes.
From vintage trains to an extravagant theater, and lush botanical gardens to wooden shacks hovering over the Atlantic, we've put together ten of Miami's most beautiful destinations to take engagement photos at. Make sure you've caught a bit of air, because these spots are simply breathtaking.
· All Weddings Week Coverage [Racked Miami]
· 12 Places to Buy a Dreamy Wedding Dress in Miami [Racked Miami]