Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images Via Nicholas Kirkwood
- The entire 900 square-foot pop-up was designed by Mehrnoonsh Khadivi of Craftwork Studio and features a simple white and grey palette.
- See the minimalistic beehive we were telling you about?
- Kirkwood's first mens collection was just released this past winter and now includes colorful derbys and graphic slippers, which are all available at the pop-up.
- You don't have to venture too far into the mall to find these beauts. The Nicholas Kirkwood pop-up is located at the center of the mall, near the escalators.
If you've ever wished you could swap shoes with Gwyneth Paltrow, Beyonce or Sarah Jessica Parker, then you may have rubbed a magic bottle somewhere in your travels. Nicholas Kirkwood, the designer behind many an acclaimed shoe in the fashion and red carpet world, has officially opened at Bal Harbour Shops.
This pop-up shop will only be open until September, which gives us enough time to relish in Kirkwood's signature outwardly-curved heel, lasercut sandals and eons of other shoes that have made this British shoe designer, as Vogue put it, "destined to join the ranks of the haute footwear market's big three: Manolo Blahnik, Christian Loubotin and Jimmy Choo."
He has plans to open pop-ups in Paris, Tokyo and the Middle East, but he seems to have a soft spot for the Magic City. "I've always been attracted to Miami's energy, art and architecture," says Kirkwood, "which was the inspiration for some of the styles and colours of the Spring 2014 collection. As a result it feels like the perfect timing and opportunity to be opening a temporary store at Bal Harbour."