Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward, where we scour the city's best boutiques in search of Spring's top trends.
You can't do a proper Spring forecast without including The Webster; there's just no way. It's a luxury boutique with the nod of approval not only from Miami's most fashionable citizens, but also from the high ranks of the fashion community worldwide. With a flagship in South Beach and a Bal Harbour locale that opened in time for Basel, the store has made its home throughout Collins Avenue, giving Miami bragging rights by scouring the luxury market for some of the best finds in the world. We'll stop ourselves before we head into an entire homage to the store, so that you can discover what Laure Heriard Dubreuil, co-founder and CEO of The Webster, is raving about this spring. We've given you a Spark Notes version in our Polyvore board above, but there are plenty of great finds after the jump. Get out your best pens and pencils, friends, because this is one lesson you don't want to miss.
- Pleated graphic dress, Peter Pilotto, $2,071
- Cracked print shirt, Jean Paul Gaultier, $683
- Printed trousers, Cedric Charlier, $489
- Stylised cat eye sunglasses, Linda Farrow Gallery, $267
- Transparent biker jacket, Wanda Nylon, $859
- Front invert pleat dress, Calvin Klein Collection, $2,050
- Printed Pumps, Sergio Rossi, $565
Art-Inspired — There's no escaping the remnants of Basel this season, but why would you want to? "The other major trend I am in love with is art inspired pieces. They are key this season as well," says Dubreuil. The Celine, Chanel and Prada collections are all inspired by modern art paintings, which is perfect for the home town of Art Basel, Miami."
Metallics — Out of all the trends to hit the Spring 2014 runways, the most "Miami" has to be metallics. Miami is known for a sexy feminine vibe and the metallic trend, even for day, is perfect. It's dressed up, but in classic shapes, which make it modern and cool," says Dubreuil.
- Animal print shoulder bag, Stella McCartney, $1,910
- Animal print pleated skirt, Fendi, $1,518
- Stiletto ankle boot, Giuseppe Zanotti Design, $971
- 'Model 222' glasses, Robert La Roche, $263
- Studded cuff, Stella Jean, $130
- Mixed animal print dress, Wunderkind, $625
- Floral print silk scarf, < a href="http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/designer-givenchy-floral-print-silk-scarf-item-10309381.aspx">Givenchy, $195
Exotic Skins — "Exotic skins come back every so often with a modern twist," Dubreuil says. "Stella did it in color and fabric print. Very wearable and fun, with a luxe feel."
· All Spring Forward Posts [Racked Miami]