Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images Via Kalla
- The Katharine & Spencer Bouquet: To commemorate the greatest love affair there ever was.
- The Isabella & Christopher Bouquet: If the New World was filled with these flowers, we would conquer it for our queen too.
- The Jane & Cassandra Bouquet: Jane would have made ten more novels if her sister had sent her these more often.
- The Anna & Vaslav Bouquet: Your lover will "Grand Jeté" for this bouquet, no matter the occasion.
- The Grace & The Prince Bouquet: Is there anything more classically glamorous than Grace Kelly? IS THERE? Maybe these Alabaster Roses. Just maybe.
- The Josephine & Napoleon Bouquet: This vase may just be taller than Josephine's admirer, but that's not saying much.
- The Athena & Artemis Bouquet: Hades couldn't come between this sister duo and thank the gods. These roses here are mighty pretty.
- The Henry & Anais Bouquet: Steamy love letters may be included.
1800Flowers.com, you've got another thing coming to you. Kalla, a newly launched, local floral experience, has sprouted in Miami, and it has the potential to nip every online floral delivery service in the bud.
The brand's online boutique launched on March 1, and the great presentation (we mean, look at those vases!) and stylishly combined stems make the entire experience enjoyable. There are 12 bouquets to pick from, all named after history's most famous couples and tag teams- Napoleon and Josephine, Grace Kelly and Prince Albert, Jane and Cassandra Austen- all simple and chic, with stems like china mums, roses, orchids and daisies. But don't get too cozy with these arrangements; they change every season.
Kalla is the first floral company where you can send a bottle of wine with your bouquet. Accompany your pink O'Hara's with a Syrah, Cabernet and Chardonnay from the Hill Family Estate in Napa, or a sixsome of chocolates from Christopher Elbow. Couple that with an optional video message and you've got yourself the perfect just-because gift. Once your order is placed, expect the bouquet to be delivered with white gloves at your recipients door and, wait for it, all in the same day!
We've gathered the full collection for you after the jump, but looking at these flowers will only get you so far. Kalla will be hosting a pop-up shop at Azul in Merrick Park from March 14 until April 13, which gives you the perfect opportunity to stop, smell the roses, and maybe order a bottle of wine or two while you're at it.
· Kalla [Official Site]