Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
1) South Beach: With the renovation of the former Perry, former Gansevoort Hotel - currently the 1 Hotel - comes a new restaurant from Top Chef judge and five-time James Beard award winner Tom Colicchio. There's no name yet, but there's a lot of other details, all of which he shares with Eater, this way.
2) Miami Beach: If you like the romantic sound of Champagne in a Parisian patisserie, then you'll probably like Laduree. It's, well, a Parisian patisserie with a Champagne bar, macarons aplenty and a pretty decent ice cream collection and it's open. Oh and for the Art Deco lovers, they have a limited edition of said era-inspired treats.
3) Brickell: Whilst anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Gaston Acurio restaurant named La Mar at Mandarin Oriental, you can now sip on vintage cocktails as you gawk at the water view at the newly opened MO Bar + Lounge. Makes the time go by quicker and is also probably pretty nice.
4) MiMo: People are so dedicated to The Federal Food Drink & Provisions that there's a name for them, The Federalists. So, it's good news that The Fed's launching their first ever happy hour, at least for those guys. It's bottomless. It features aperitif-based cocktails. And it's governed by a booze fairy named Emily Brown.
· Eater Miami [miami.eater.com]