Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
1) Kendall: It's a chain restaurant, but don't let that fool you. Devon Seafood & Steak has been serving up taste-bud friendly dishes at super low prices since they've opened, and people (and critics - who are people too) dig them. We spoke with their executive chef, Drew Hall, about their first year in the business. Check it out.
2) South Beach: Chef Ralph Pagano's newest restaurant leaves behind his Italian roots and takes on new, fajita drenched, Mexican territory. It's called Naked Taco, it's opening today and it looks like this
3) Miami Beach: Take a Chicago-based, Michelin-starred chef (Danny Grant), combine him with a Prospect Design interior designer (Samy Chams), put them in Miami and this is what you get: 1826 Restaurant & Lounge. It's a multi-level eatery and bar, which will focus on seasonality and contemporary American cuisine. Open this weekend.
4) South Beach: Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio is opening a restaurant at 1 Hotel in Fall 2014. All we really know so far is that it will be a farm-to-table concept. Check back for more details.
· Eater Miami [miami.eater.com]