Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
1) South Beach: The latest plans for the Miami Beach Convention Center have been revealed. Yes, again. And this time they're by Arquitectonica. What happened to Rem Koolhaas? We fired him. Yes, Miami Beach fired Rem Fucking Koolhaas. Sorry.
2) Design District: New renderings of starchitect Jeanne Gang's Design District condo tower, called the Sweetbird South Residences, have been revealed, along with some fairly academic architecturebabble that is kind of a long-winded way of saying "we gave it balconies." Luckily it's nowhere near Zaha levels of obtuseness.
3) Everywhere: Frank Lloyd Wright hated Miami.
4) Boca Raton: Starchitect Daniel Libeskind is coming to Boca Raton in a big way, with four condo towers overlooking the Boca Raton Resort & Club golf course. That is, if town pols will allow these 300-odd foot towers that soar over the site's current 100 foot height limit.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]