Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Alexis Palazzo jumpsuit, Studio LX South Miami, $304
- Deep V-Neck Maxi Dress, Bebe, $198
- Bronze Floral Jacquard Full Skirt, Banana Republic, $98
- Shimmer T-shirt Dress, Madewell, $99
- Topshop Metallic Foil Velvet Tube Skirt,
- Metallic Cable-Knit Sweater,
- Sugar Lips skirt, Blush Boutique, $70
- The Siren Dress, American Apparel, $78
Alright, so you're probably thinking "Metallic? So over it. That's for New Year's Eve." But hold your cynicism, ladies, because 2014 is dripping in gold. And we mean dripping. This year's Spring 2014 runways were extra shiny, with designers like Altazurra and DVF draping their models in head to toe metallic numbers.
The trend is kind of reminiscent of South Beach circa the 90s; images of scantily-clad supermodels cruising down Ocean in gold lamé may come to mind. And why shouldn't they? When metallic is done right, it's glamorous in the most minimalistic of ways. But the key phrase here is "done right." Here's a wrap up of some killer metallic apparel and where to find the pieces no matter where you are in our glistening, golden city.
· All Buy It Now Posts[Racked Miami]